Hilfsnavigation

Walloon Church
Servicenavigation und Sprachauswahl

Twitter Facebook Youtube

Hauptnavigation

Veranstaltungen

Terminsuche

Übernachtungsfinder

Achtung: Ihre Daten werden an eine externe Webseite weitergeleitet.

Imagefilm

Postkarte zum Imagefilm

Reiseangebote

Favoriten

Inhalt

Walloon Church

  
Walloon ChurchThe Walloon Church was part of a monastery founded by Augustinian monks in 1285 near the Elbe river. The monastery was abandoned by the monks during the Reformation period. In 1694, the church building was handed over to the Walloon reformed congregation and has been referred to as Walloon Church ever since. It was destroyed during an air raid in the Second World War. Reconstruction work began in 1967 and today the southern side-aisle is home to the famous Telemann Bell which was cast by the Magdeburg craftsman Jacob Wentzel in 1683 and first belonged to the Holy Ghost Church. The bell shows a crucifix and a pigeon, both symbols of the Holy Ghost, and it is engraved with the names of parish priests, church fathers and church elders. 

- Anzeigen -