How to reach Magdeburg
Magdeburg is favourably located in the centre of Germany and as the capital city of the Land of Saxony-Anhalt it is easily accessible by all forms of transportation.
How to get around in Magdeburg
- Bus and tram service of the Magdeburger Verkehrsbetriebe (public transport company): www.mvbnet.de
- Bus and tram service of the NASA in Saxony-Anhalt: www.nasa.de
- Taxi/Cab and special taxi service for tourists/visitors: +49 (0)391 - 73 73 73
- Check out the following website for live traffic reports and parking facilities in Magdeburg: www.movi.de
A2: Hanover-Berlin (Berliner Ring Motorway - Oberhausen)
A14: Magdeburg-Halle/ Leipzig-Dresden (Magdeburg - Nossen)
B1: Dutch border/ Vaalserquartier – Polish border/ Küstrin-Kietz
B71: Magdeburg - Könnern
B81: Magdeburg - Netzkater
B184: Heyrothsberge - Leipzig
B189: Magdeburg - Pritzwalk
B246: Magdeburg - Belzig
The central station is located in the city centre. Magdeburg is linked to the ICE/IC network of the German Rail. For further inquiries and information on timetables, please contact:
- Train Timetables of the Deutschen Bahn (German Rail)
Buses to many locations in Saxony-Anhalt arrive and depart from the central bus station. The Zentrale Omnibusbahnhof Magdeburg (ZOB) or central bus station is situated next to the central station and within a few minutes walk from the city centre.
- Timetable information of the Magdeburger Verkehrsbetriebe (public transport company)
- Bus Timetables of the Zentraler Omnibusbahnhofs Magdeburg (central bus station)
- INSA bus and train timetables for Saxony-Anhalt
Magdeburg is well-connected to international airports which are located in Berlin (ca. 150km), Hanover (ca. 150km) and Leipzig/ Halle (ca. 100km)Magdeburg Airport is for short-hop business flights and private traffic only.